From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Objects in DIAdem reports with VBS

I wish to create objects in my DIAdem reports such as text boxes, frames, pictures, and graphs using VB Script. I know I can use the command "GraphObjNew(ObjType, GraphObjName)". But where can I find a list of ObjTypes? For example, I know that if I want to create a 2D Graph, the ObjType is "2D-Axis". However, if I want to create a text box, I do not know what to pass as the ObjType parameter.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,912 Views)
Bill,

Here is a list of the objects you can create. Please note that some of them (like arrow, etc.) will not be available in DIAdem 8.x and 9.0x. They are new objects for version 9.1 that will be available in Augsut/September this year.

Script term Interface term, Explanation
2D-Axis 2D axis system
2D-Table 2D table
2D-Polar 2D polar axis system
3D-Axis 3D axis system
3D-Table 3D table
FreeText Text
FreeFrame Free frame
FreeGraph Any graphic
UserObject Text object
Arrow Arrow
Comment Comment
Circle Circle

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information,

Otmar
Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,911 Views)

Hello,

does anybody know if "FreeGraph" is already working under Version 7.02? 

Because right now I have no chance to get a picture imported into my autosequence, and freegraph seems not to work.

Or is there another chance to get pictures built into my graph-sheet under version 7.02, not using "  GRAPHObjnew('freegraph','test')  "?

Thanks

german1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,676 Views)