From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash Analysis: Tibia Index (ChnTICalc)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have some questions to the DIAdem (2010/2012/2014)  Tibia Index calculation (ChnTICalc)

The DIAdem (2014)  Help tells me in "Dialog Boxes > DIAdem ANALYSIS > Crash Analysis > Crash Analysis (TI):

Moment Mx Specifies the CFC600-filtered data channel ...
Moment My Specifies the CFC600-filtered data channel ...
Compression force Fz Specifies the CFC600-filtered data channel ...

On the other hand in "Programming Reference > Alphabetical Programming Reference > Commands and Functions > Command: ChnTICalc"

Note  The input channels must be filtered with CFC600.

Question 1: Does ChnTICalc expect the unfiltered or the CFC600 prefiltered channels?

DIAdem (2014)  help tells me in "Basics > DIAdem ANALYSIS > Crash Analysis Criteria > Abdominal Criteria > TI"

Note  For the calculation only the axial compression forces are used. The tensile forces must be set to the value 0.

Question 2: Does ChnTICalc set the tensile force to the value 0?

ChnTICalc calculates the TI result channel and returns the maximum in the TIres variable.

I need this channel for an report plot together with limiting curves

Question 3: Is it possible to keep the whole TI result channel?

Thanks

gemu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,885 Views)

Hi gemu

Answer 1: Do have seen there is a note in CHnTICal. The note says that all input channels have to be CFC600 prefiltered.

=> So the function expects CFC 600 prefiltered channels.

Screenshot_1.png

Command: ChnTICalc

http://zone-test.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370858M-01/comoff/chnticalc/

Answer 2: The note is linked to the input channels. You have to filter the axial compression force with CFC600. Is there a tensile force

(which I guess would be shown negative) you have to clamp those values to 0.

Screenshot_2.png

Answer 3: You want to have a running TI value or just the returned value in an own channel for plotting?

Kind regards,
Andreas
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,686 Views)

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your annotations to Q1 and Q2

I will take the prefiltered channels and cut off the tensile part.

Q3: Yes,  I want to have a running TI.

My customers want to see the TI curve together with some Euro NCAP limiting curves.

Regards

gemu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,677 Views)

Hi gemu

I would say the function returns you just the maximum and you can't change that.

I would say you have two workarounds.

- You could implement the calculation by your own.

- You split the channels in sub channels of minimum 3 samples. With 3 Sample a TI calculation should be possible. Then iterate thru your data channels and calculate TI values. Extract the TI value into a separate result channels.

I hope one of those two workarounds helps you.

Kind regards,
Andreas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gemu

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your workarounds.

I have implemented the calculation by my own.

See the code below. Maybe somebody else needs the TI-curve.

Dim oAg, oTI
Set oAg = Data.Root.ActiveChannelGroup.Channels
Set oTI = ChnTICalcObj(oAg("11TIBILEUPH3MOXB"), oAg("11TIBILEUPH3MOYB"), oAG("11TIBILEUPH3FOZB"), _
225.0, 35.9, "11TIINLEUPH3000B", "Tibia Index Curve") msgbox oTI.Properties.Item("Maximum").Value Function ChnTICalcObj (ByVal MxObj_Nm, _ ByVal MyObj_Nm, _ ByVal FzObj_kN, _ ByVal Mcr_Nm, _ ByVal Fcz_kN, _ ByVal sTI_ResultName, _ ByVal sTI_ResultDescription) Set ChnTICalcObj = MxObj_Nm.ChannelGroup.Channels.Add(sTI_ResultName, DataTypeFloat64) With ChnTICalcObj .Name = sTI_ResultName .Properties.Item("unit_string").Value = "" .Properties.Item("description").Value = sTI_ResultDescription End With Dim sFormula, aSymbols(5), aValues(5) sFormula = "TI = Abs(Sqr(Mx^2 + My^2) / Mcr) + Abs((-Fz * (Fz < 0.0)) / Fcz)" aSymbols(0) = "TI" aSymbols(1) = "Mx" aSymbols(2) = "My" aSymbols(3) = "Fz" aSymbols(4) = "Mcr" aSymbols(5) = "Fcz" Set aValues(0) = ChnTICalcObj Set aValues(1) = MxObj_Nm Set aValues(2) = MyObj_Nm Set aValues(3) = FzObj_kN aValues(4) = Mcr_Nm aValues(5) = Fcz_kN Call Calculate(sFormula, aSymbols, aValues) End Function

Regards

gemu

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,635 Views)