DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Plots to mattrix data

Hi All,

I am interested to know how to extract interpolated contour plot data in Diadem. It seems Diadem can create countour plots from 3 variable data and interpolate this data,

but I cannot figure out how to get access to this data.

For example, in the file "Raw Parameters" has the 3-D plot data and in the file "Contour Map" you can see this data is plotted with interpolation. I can also plot the values

for each point on the interoploated data surface but I'm not sure how to export the full mattrix.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CVfactor

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,411 Views)

Hi CV,

Unfortunately there is no way to access the automatic contour lines the "Characteristic diagram" creates.  However, you can calculate any contour plots you want with the "Calculate Contour Lines" function in the ANALYSIS panel, and the resulting channels it creates are available in the Data Portal.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,389 Views)

Thanks Brad,

What I was trying to do is extract the mattrix data from the original triplet data that the contour plot was created from. I see there is a "3D" tab under analysis and I've

been playing around with this. I was not able to convert the triplet data to mattrix data so that it matches the original plot. The only way I can create a mattrix was by

manually picking the points from the cursor (see attachment).

So my question is when ploting a contour plot it seems like Diadem interpolates this data to create the plot. I'm not sure the interpolation setting that are used.

If there is no way to do this my back-up plan is to try to create a script that can extract the data from the cursos as it scans across the plot.

Any feedback is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,354 Views)

I figured out that Diadem naturally selects SISPL as the interpolation method. This can be reproduced in the "3D" tab under analysis. So to convert from triplet to matrix, you must use SISPL interpolation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,336 Views)