DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Dataplugin for > 50 columns

In the .txt datapluginwizard page 4, you can only configure the datatype for the first 50 columns. My data files have an obnoxious amount of columns and I would like to ignore a majority of them. Is there any way I can extend this window to more columns or edit the code of an existing plugin to ignore specific channels?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,403 Views)

Hi mattrad2,

Yes, you can create a DataPlugin to look at more than 50 columns and load only the ones that are pertinent, but you can not do that with the DataPlugin Wizard.  If you would like help creating a DataPlugin from scratch that does this, then post a few of the ASCII files and describe the column names or attributes used to filter the columns of interest.  If you prefer, you can email me directly at brad.turpin@ni.com for the file transfer.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,331 Views)

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to show you these files. Could you give me a carrot to follow for how to make dataplugins without the wizard?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,277 Views)

Hi mattrad2,

There are several examples of ASCII DataPlugins in the DIAdem Help system.  Any chance you could delete all rows but the first one, then replace the values in that row with nonsensical values of the same data type?  I could then create a DataPlugin for you that "ought" to load your actual data files.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,237 Views)

that shouldn't be a problem. I will do that, of course it will take a little bit of time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,120 Views)