cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compress Images on Report

Solved!
Go to solution

Brad

I have attached a copy of my .TDR, my test data and a copy of the .PDF report.

Please review

Thanks

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(2,211 Views)

Tim,

The report looks like it should not create huge PDF files.

Can you try removing the company logo and printing the whole report again? I suspect that the logo file has a very high resolution, which might result in large PDFs ...

On my PC the report printed to PDF with default settings is 288 kB, a far cry from your almost 4 GB PDF file ...

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(2,199 Views)

Hey Otmar

I printed two copies of the reports. One with a logio and one without.  The one with the logo printed to 3.7 MB while the one without printed to 2.5 MB.  No doubt a large reduction but not near the 288kB you are seeing.

Are there other setting that may be responsible for this difference?

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(2,190 Views)

Hello Tim,

I replaced the logo in your report with an NI logo and removed some properties from the cover page, and ended up with the attached PDF. This one is about 300 kBs.

I use DIAdem 2015 64-bit on a Windows 7 64-bit OS and I used the default settings for the PDF output, i.e. I made no changes to any of the PDF variables mentioned in this thread previously.

I then applied the variable settings you posted and the file ended up being 157 kBs.

Are you using the default "DIAdem PDF Export" to create PDFs or is there another PDF printer tool involved?

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(2,177 Views)

Otmar

I am using DIAdem 2015 32 bit

I am calling "PicPdfExport" as well as using the manual "PDF Export" Button on the report Tab.

Both methods result in the same file size.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(2,173 Views)

Hello Tim,

Could you please load the attached TDR file using the existing data set and print that to PDF using the default settings?

The resulting PDF file on my computer is 144 kBs large.

Can you post the resulting file size you get using my modified layout?

Thanks,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(2,160 Views)

Good Morning Otmar

I have downloaded your TDR file and have loaded a set sample data.

The resulting file size is 2.6 MB.

I have attached it for your reference

I have also processed the same data using my current template (with company logo) and my size is 3.8 MB

Also Attached for your reference.

I tried an expirement yesterday chaning the .pdf global vaiables in my code.  I found that enabling or disabling them made no difference to the file size.  I also found that a report I had generated with photos resulted in very poor resolution of photo as well. I have attached a copy of this report for you to review

Tim
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(2,147 Views)

I think I found what was causing some larger size to these reports and I was able to figure out why I was getting poor picture resolution

In the Diadem setting under the report tab I had the "Output print data as a graphic" selected.  Once I deselected this my photos became much sharper.

Also

The script I am using to generate reports were calling other scripts which were resetting or changing my pdf export / format global variables. 

I am down to about 750 KB per 5 page report with my company logo.  What I find unusual is my company logo only is 12 KB on disk but when I remove it from the report the report size drops to nearly half of the 750 KB.

Nonetheless this is a vast improvement from what I was seeing earlier.

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(2,137 Views)