DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character Lag Using Script Editor From Remote Location

Hello

This has been an ongoing issue but the performance of DIAdem when I work offsite is painfully slow.

The main issue of performance I encounter when I am trying to code in using the script editor.  There is significant lag when I am trying to work from a remote location.

The lag is not noticeable when I work from my office however when I connect VIA VPN to my companies network and try to code in DIadem the lag is ridiculous. So bad that I can type a dozen or so characters before they begin to appear on my screen.

Any idea how to diagnose this problem? 

On a side note I do not have this problem with any other application I am using remote juts DIAdem.

I am currently using DIAdem 2015 SP2 which is licensed via a server license.     

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,772 Views)

Hello,

does this happen in general if you are logged in through VPN, even when the file you edit is on your local drive?

Or does this "only" happen if you load a vbs-file from your company server ?

I assume DIAdem is installed on your local computer, right ?

I really would like to understand this. It happened to me a few times as well but I was never able to really describe to our developers under which circumstances it appeared.

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,729 Views)

Hey Andreas

Regardless of where the script is located there is lag when using script the editor.

Diadem is installed on my local drive.

Occasionally I experience lag when I am using DIadem in my office however the lag is no where near the delay I experienced when logged in remotely. 

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,724 Views)

Hi Tim,

The symptoms you describe sound remarkably similar to a known issue with DIAdem 2015 and DIAdem 2017 that the SCRIPT editor is slow to update, especially when typing a "." to access object property or method lists or when loading a new script with lots of functions in it.

R&D was unable to fix this by the DIAdem 2017 release time frame, but we are hopeful that a fix for these issues will release with DIAdem 2017 SP1, due out in late summer/early fall.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,717 Views)

I run into this if I have a lot of object calls in a slightly longer script (1000 lines +)  My workaround is to use Notepad++ for the bulk of the coding, and then use an empty script in Diadem for Code Completion functionality.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,713 Views)