DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels created in New groups

Hi There,

I am having some issues during the creation of Channels. I  have a module which creates few channels in the data portal. All these channels are to be created in the First group alone(there would be only one group in the portal). I dont no issues as long as they ran in my system but for testing when I run the same scripts in another system  few channels gets created in a new group though I have assigned proper inputs to ChnAlloc command giving the target group index as 1. I tried looking into the settings also transported the DDD file of my system to the testing system, but dint help me.

Can you please let me know why is this happening, why I am not able to get those channels in the existing group and is getting created in a new group?

Waiting for your response at the earliest.

Thanks,
Priya
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,665 Views)

Hi Priya,

Using the target group parameter in ChnAlloc() should be sufficient, so I am surprised that you are seeing different results on different computers.  Another method you should try first is to set the desired group to be the default group:

Call GroupDefaultSet(1)

If that still doesn't help, then we'll need to get more details on what your system is doing.
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,645 Views)
Hi Brad,

This was surprising to me as well, Since there is always only one chanel group in the dataportal so its always set to default.

I have a doubt here, does it got to do something with the channel names, we have a combination of channel names like "Data Time/Sec", for this reason I exported the DDD file but dint help.

Please let me know what details you would like to know to resolve this issue for me.

Thanks,
Priya
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,637 Views)

Hi Priya,

Now I understand.  In DIAdem 9.1 we allowed implicit creation of new Groups when the Group name passed to ChnAlloc() included the construction "GroupName/ChannelName".  This lead to confusion of the sort you described, and this no longer happens in DIAdem 10.  You can get around this by using any character other than "/" (for instance "Data Time\Sec"  or "Data Time [Sec]").  I'd would also encourage you to put the unit information in the unit property of the channel using ChnDim() instead of in the channel name.

The "/" character continues to be a disallowed character in both Group names and Channel names in DIAdem 10, so you need to think of some other way to name your Groups and Channels.

Ask if you still have trouble with this,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,602 Views)
Thanks a lot Brad, this should help me out.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,592 Views)