DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the results of the FFT from Hetz to cycles per revoultion inn Diadem

Hi!

I'm doing research in the field of acoustic analysis of drill bits. Till now I've been doing my analysis using Mathcad.

The analysis mainly consists of doing a FFT of the measured vibration and acoustic data.
In order to make the interpretation easier in Mathcad I've converted the FFT results from Hz into Cycles per Revolution (just by dividing the frequency by the revolutions per second of the shaft).
My question now is whether there is any possibility to do the same in Diadem.

Appreciate your time and effort!

Regards

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,057 Views)

Hi Chris,

DIAdem can do all kinds of calculations on the data you have measured or calculated.

In this case it depends on the type of the FFT channel you have.

Usually, you have a result with a frequency channel and the FFT-channel. You can use the calculator to multiply your frequency channel with a factor.

In DIAdem 10.0 it is possible that your result is a waveform. In this case you don’t have a frequency channel. The frequency is part of the FFT-channel with two channel attributes (start offset and increment). In this case it is even easier because you just need to multiply the attribute wf_increment of your FFT-channel with the factor.

Ulrich

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,049 Views)
Hi Ulrich!

Yes, I'm using Diadem 10.0 and my results are waveforms.
I've now multiplied  the wf_increment attribute with my factor and it works out perfectly.

Vielen Dank!

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,026 Views)