DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the channel length

Hello,

maybe I'm just dumb right now, but I don't get it done to change the length of a channel.
Can somebody help me pls?

Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,290 Views)
It is very easy! Set the new length with:

CL(ChannelNumber) = newlength

Thats all.  Note: If you reduce the length at this way, the data are not delete. You can still access with ChD Function. Only the Dieadem-View supress the view of it (new in Diadem 9).
Message 2 of 9
(5,283 Views)

I did try that but it did not work.

I tried it now with other Chn and it works. The thing is that it does not work for all Chn to make the length higher when there are no data.

That is something strange.

THX anyway

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,279 Views)
Go: "Einstellungen\Speicherorganisation\Datenbereich" (german release) and set a propper channel length first.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,275 Views)
I can't find that in my  9.1.
Do I have to do that for each Chn.?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,270 Views)
Sorry, got it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,268 Views)

I have changed the values there but I get still the error.

Here the error:
 "Kanal wird mit einzufügender Wertezahl zu lang!" (Chn. will be to long with the values)

I going to add some values in my script with DataBlInsertVal. The Chn is right now about 900 values long and I'm going to add 200-300 values.

Message 7 of 9
(5,264 Views)

There are Chn which I can change (length) and at those the ChnLengthMax is at 100000. Than I do have some where the ChnLengthMax is just as long as the Chn values has and I cant change the max length.

Actually, when I do copy the one he does not take over the max length but set the max length just  long as values.

Message 8 of 9
(5,259 Views)
Now it is working. After changing the parameters I did not properly save.
Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,238 Views)