DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing channel type to waveform

I have a chanel that consists of just numerical data for which I can approximate a second order decaying system. I would like to perform a FFT on this data, but is it nor a waveform. Is there a way I can change the channel property in DIAdem to make this data of a waveforme type? Or somehow trick it into letting it think it is a waveform so I can do the analysis?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated as always!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,497 Views)

dc13

To convert to a waveform you can use the command "chntoWFChn".

To perform a FFT. The function ChnFFT1 has a time channel and signal channel being separate channels. This should work fine for your signals.

Paul

Message 2 of 6
(5,491 Views)

Is there now way to do it without running a script?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,426 Views)

dc13

The fft can be ran from analysis tab.

The attached word file has the screen shots.

Paul

ps. The power of DIAdem is in the scripting,  Would like to encourage you to try.   Also when the scripting tab is selected you can record gui steps to script and then run the script.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,418 Views)

DIAdem is a powerful tool when it comes to scripting, and I have been working on the script. It is more a matter of praticality and reproducability (able to show someone else without having to explain a code) is what I was shooting for in intenet. I will continue working on the script, but if you do know a way of changing the channel property without the script it'd be much appreciated. Thanks for the advice though.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,416 Views)

dc13

I knew there was a numeric to waveform command,  I tried tonight to see if it also did a waverform to numeric conversion.   It does.

Attached is a word document showing the screen shots for coverting from a wavefrom to Numeric.    The FFT will run fine on the numeric channels.

Paul

Message 6 of 6
(5,407 Views)