DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to report

I am running a diadem script which produces a report and then I save the report as a Jpeg, PNG.

Then I need to change the axis of the report because someone wants a different scale or a graph removed.

Is there a way that Diadem can prompt me to save the graph if it has changed and ask me where to save it.
I have looked at picischanged but I cannot get the script to be put on hold.

Do I need two scripts?

When I exist I do not save the report format as I would like to keep the original format as standard.

Thanks

Stagsden
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,230 Views)

Hi Stagsden,

It is possible to put a script on hold with the "InteractionOn()" command, but users do not always understand that they need to then nudge the script to continue by pressing the red circular "Interaction Off" icon at the top of their DIAdem screen.

I really don't understand yet what you want to do with your graph.  Could you please restate?  What do you mean by "When I exist..."?

Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,210 Views)

Sorry Brad 'Exist' should have been exit.

I will try and explain in a diifferent form,

I have a Diadem script which reads in data, analyses data and then produces a report. Within the script, the data has been saved to a CSV file and the report page has been exported to a Jpeg. Then Diadem is left open in the report page view.

When viewing this report page I would like to then change the axes or the properties of the graph to view it in a different manner, without changing the original refort format permanently. Once I have made these changes I would then like to re-save the report page into a different file. When I save the report page as a Jpeg it produces a page with big black areas where the graphs should be which is useless.. Therefore, I would like to do the saving of the JPEGS through a script which is more reliable. I would also like to have perhaps an icon in the corner or the page to allow me to re-save the report or if any changes are made for Diadem to prompt me to save the report page. I do not want to re-save the CSV file. Only the report page.

Thanks

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,205 Views)

Hi Jim,

There are 12 script shortcut icons (start on the left side of your screen) which show up in every panel, and you can associate your own script with one of them by right-clicking on the desired shortcut icon and selecting "Default Setting"-- you will then be prompted to navigate to your VBScript.  After this, just clicking on that shortcut icon will launch your VBScript.  It sounds like you should probably associate your current script with one shortcut icon (let's say the F1 icon), then make a slightly different version of your script that does not export a CSV file and associate that with another shortcut icon (let's say the F2 icon).

You really should not be getting black spaces in your exported jpeg, regardless of whether that is being done interactively or programmatically.  I have never heard of a VBScript more reliably creating a jpeg than the "File>>Export" menu in REPORT.  Still, if you can reliably get good jpeg files by running a script, hopefully the script icon association will make that process easy for you.

Ask if you need more help,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instuments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,186 Views)