DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open local DataFinder

I am getting errors from DIAdem saying it can't open the local DataFinder which means now I am having to search for all my files manually (very tedious).

I am using DIAdem 11.2 on 32-bit Windows 7.

Anyone know a solution to this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,815 Views)

Hello Daniel,

It sounds like your database got corrupted.

Here are two suggestions that will hopefully help to fix your issue (copy the folders to be deleted to another location to make sure you have a backup in case it is needed):

1. Delete the DataBase folder on X:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\National Instruments\Shared\DataFinder\Data

Then restart DIAdem - that should reindex your data base

2. ONLY if that didn't help, delete the configuration folder on X:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\National Instruments\Shared\DataFinder\Config

Then restart DIAdem

If both these suggestions don't help, please call into our support line at 1-866-275-6964 and ask for me.

Hopefully, you should be done after the first step.

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,805 Views)

Hi Daniel,

those two options are also available directly from DIAdem:

Settings>>My DataFinder>>Reset...

You can start with resetting the index only and in case this doesn't help also reset the configuration.

I would suggest to start with the DIAdem functionality first and then try out the things Otmar suggested.

Greetings form sunny Aachen

Stefan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,775 Views)

Thanks to you both.

I tried Otmar's suggestion and so far it seems to have worked (just the first part - not wiping out the configuration, just the index).

Does this have anything to do with hibernation? I take my laptop to and from a lab a lot, so hibernate the machine a lot rather than shutting it down. It seems like DIAdem gets confused after powering up from a hibernated state (i.e. DataFinder was working fine, then I hibernate and resume and then it doesn't work any more).

So far, even with hibernation events, DIAdem is working OK since I rebuilt the index...fingers crossed!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,765 Views)

Hi David,

I put my computer in "Sleep" mode all the time, but I don't use "Hibernate" at all.  Windows 7 64 bit is the first Microsoft Operating system I've ever used that reliably wakes up from sleep mode, so I didn't want to push it with "Hibernation" mode.  I never have any trouble with DIAdem or the DataFinder going into or coming out of "Sleep" mode, but I also don't have the DataFinder indexing a mapped network drive when I put the computer to sleep.  If the computer wakes up and that mapped network drive is no longer available, it's entitled to some confusion.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,743 Views)

The folders being indexed are all on 😧 (whch is a partition of the machine's own main hard disk) so I would consider that DIAdem is not entitled to any confusion transitioning in and out of hibernation - it should be designed to work with this just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,674 Views)