cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot establish Logos server

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 
i have a problem with Diadem in my workplace. I have installed Diadem software on several computers and after starting Diadem i get this error - 

DataFinder: My DataFinder
Version: 15.0.0f5998

The DataFinder cannot start due to an internal error.

(65): cannot establish Logos server

I just click on OK and everything starts as it should, but it's annoying for users. So please can you help me with this error. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,439 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pikafirm

Logos is a National instruments Windows network service used for DIAdem - DataFinder inter process communication.

It is installed automatically when installing DIAdem and should be up.

• Is it blocked by your IT?
  • Did something go wrong during installation?
  • Are there error messages when starting your PC up

If datafinder is not starting up and shouldn't do so it is possible to select a different content for DIAdem Navigator for startup.

Go to DIAdem Settings (Settings->DIAdem Settings) and set according to the screenshot.

You need to save your Desktop.ddd when shutting down DIAdem to make it persistent.

settings.png

Message 2 of 6
(5,420 Views)

Thanks for quick respond. I have solved it by changing DataStore to Computer. Users don't need to connect to server or somethig like that, and i think that the local it is blocking this types of connections.

Thanks for the advice and have a nice day.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,403 Views)

The Datafinder is a local index service for measurement data.

It is a local server running on the same machine given you the ability to find (full text, advanced) files using their meta data.

It is extremely helpful if you have a bunch of data.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,401 Views)

By the way ther error is conected to the

Windows Service "NI PSP Service Locator"

that should be up to make Datafinder work.

Message 5 of 6
(5,373 Views)

Thanks for advices. Everything is fine now and Datafinder have started properly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,367 Views)