DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Copy Report to Clipboard with 3D chart.

This funcionality worked fine this morning, then all of the sudden, I get an error saying "cannot open clipboard" when exporting a report with a 3D characteristic diagram of a waterfall chart. I called NI support and have a ticket number: 2187537, but I found some more information since creating the ticket.  Anytime I try to export any 3D chart to the clipboard, I get this error.  The office clipboard says the format isn't allowed.  Here is my Diadem log file: 

25 12:54:03 PM Info:Printing ...
26 12:54:05 PM Error:Cannot open clipboard. (Error code 0:T)
27 12:54:05 PM Error:Cannot open clipboard. (Error code 0:T)
28 12:54:05 PM Error:Cannot open clipboard. (Error code 0:T)
(Error confirmed with the "OK" key.)

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,076 Views)

I've been able to narrow it down even more. If interpolation of the Char. Diagram is OFF, the export to clipboard fails to occur.  If interpolation is ON, the export to clipboard works just fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,075 Views)

Hello Russell,

The Joint Time Frequency and Order Analysis Tool comes with example data. If you use the sample data, do you see the same behavior? Here are the steps I took:

1. Run the VBS script Time Frequency and Order Analysis 111.VBS to launch the tool.
  2. Select New Data File
  3. Select Noise data.tdms and Open. This is in the Sample Data folder in the tool's folder Time Frequency and Order Analysis 111
  4. Set the Time Channel to "1 Time" and set the Signal Channel to "3 Noise_2"
  5. Select Spectrum 3D CharDiag.TDR as the Report Templace.
  6. Select Joint Time Frequency Spectrum as the Analysis Type.
  7. Select Run Analysis. This will load the analysis data into a report
  8. Double-click on the graph to open the 3D Axis Definition window
  9. Select ... next to the Characteristic diagram to open the Curve Parameters window
  10. Under the Interpolation tab, uncheck Interpolation. Click OK and close both dialogs. The graph will re-draw.
  11. Go to File > Clipboard or press the Copy Graphic to Clipboard button.
  12. Paste the image in Paint or Microsoft Word

With these steps, I do not get an error with the clipboard. Are you able to export to clipboard if using the sample data Noise data.tdms? Does copying to clipboard work with any data? I'm trying to determine if maybe a certain large or small set of data could be causing the issue, or if you always have this issue.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,052 Views)

Thanks.  We found out it was a problem with the amount of data.  There is some limitation either in Diadem or the Clipboard itself.  My guess is it's the clipboard itself.  Although, since it does it as a picture, i'm not sure why the amount of data matters. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,028 Views)