From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have scale breaks in the middle of an x-axis in a 2D graph in Report?

At the moment I have for example 8 hours of relevant data, and then another 8 hours of data when the test is continued the following day. Since my x-axis is time, when I add both these data sets to the same graph, there is a large section overnight in the middle that is irrelevant.

Is there a way of removing the middle section?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,676 Views)

Hi a_r_s,

I'm afraid not.  There is no discontinuity feature to the X axis in DIAdem reports.  You could convert the time channel for each event to relative time and display them in any horizontal relationship you like, but the X axis would then be elapsed time, not absolute datetime.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,637 Views)

You can "combine" two diagrams to the one.

Then you can have completely independent x-axis, and fit the settings so that it looks lika one diagram only.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,471 Views)

Hi Dia791,

If you are using DIAdem 2015 or later, you can "group" multiple REPORT objects together so that they can be moved or resized as one entity.  You could do this with two separate REPORT graph objects in order to show the X axis discontinuity.  You would still have to configure each REPORT graph object separately.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,448 Views)