DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# wrapper error code 6202

I am writing a wrapper in C# to read TDM files.

OpenEx works fine.

[DllImport(lib, CharSet = CharSet.Auto)] static extern int DDC_OpenFileEx( [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] string filePath, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] string fileType, int read_only, ref long file);

but

[DllImport(lib, CharSet = CharSet.Auto)] static extern int DDC_GetFileStringPropertyLength(long file,

[MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)]

string property, ref int length);

int len = 0;

errCode = ReadTDM.DDC_GetFileStringPropertyLength(fileh, "name", ref len);// fileh is passed form OpenEx fun

System.Console.WriteLine("length {0}", len);
System.Console.WriteLine("Error Code {0}", errCode);

gives me an error  An invalid argument was passed to the library. I had tried ref uint length , didn't help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,157 Views)

We looked at the source code for DDC_GetFileStringPropertyLength and the only things that would cause it to

return DDC_InvalidArgument (-6202) is:

• if the property name char* input parameter (2nd parameter) is NULL or empty string
  • if the length unsigned int* output parameter is NULL.

I'm not familiar enough with C# to tell whether there are any problems in the declarations of the DLL functions

or in how they are being called but maybe that helps you to solve the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,116 Views)

Thx for the reply.

I found out that I have two headers files nilibddc_m.h and nilibddc.h

in first one DDCFileHandle is a long type in the second on is a structure 

typedef struct _DDCFile DDCFile; typedef struct _DDCChannelGroup DDCChannelGroup; typedef struct _DDCChannel DDCChannel; typedef DDCFile* DDCFileHandle; typedef DDCChannelGroup* DDCChannelGroupHandle; typedef DDCChannel* DDCChannelHandle;

but according to your post it should not be the cause of this error, should be?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,090 Views)

some additional info:

Windows 7 32bit and lib form the 32-bit subfoler

example SinData.tdm form http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A3663DE39D6A2C5A86257204005C11CA?OpenDocument

and the String is not the problem

/// <summary> /// GetNumChannelGroups /// </summary> [DllImport(lib)] static extern int DDC_GetNumChannelGroups(long file, ref uint numChannelGroups);

uint numGru = 0; errCode = ReadTDM.DDC_GetNumChannelGroups(fileh, ref numGru); System.Console.WriteLine("Error Code {0} GetNumChannelGroups", errCode);

also returs the -6202 code, hence is numGru.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,085 Views)

Solved 🙂

file must be int not long

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/A3663DE39D6A2C5A86257204005C11CA?OpenDocument 

nilibddc.h says

typedef long            DDCFileHandle;
typedef long            DDCChannelGroupHandle;
typedef long            DDCChannelHandle;

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,022 Views)