DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buttons

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there any way to latch a button press in a non-modal user dialog box? I want a button to remain depressed while a certain activity is active. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,712 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RussellSenior

Hi RussellSenior,

I don't believe there is a way to keep the button depressed, but there may be a few other options depending on what you were looking for.

• If you're simply wanting the visual, you may be able to change the color to indicate that the button has been pressed.
  • If you were not wanting the user to press the button again, you could disable it until the process is complete.
  • If you absolutely have to have the button depressed, you could try importing an ActiveX object to perform this feature. I wouldn't recommend this, though, since this will cause complications with deployment.

If you have any thoughts or questions about any of these suggestions, feel free to post them on the forum!

Andy F.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,660 Views)

Thanks.  I'm essentially "importing" another program we use into Diadem, and I wanted to make it as seamless as possible.  But, the button color is what I will end up doing, and it's good enough. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,658 Views)