DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug Report: When debugging, script resumes after adding a watch variable.

Solved!
Go to solution

If you are in debug mode, and while the script is running add a variable to the watch window, the script resumes when you click OK.  You can use the code below, place a break on line 9.  Then add the variable k to a watch window.  Instead of just waiting, the script resumes. 

'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'-- VBS script file
'-- Created on 01/22/2016 20:41:19
'-- Author: 
'-- Comment: 
'-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Option Explicit  'Forces the explicit declaration of all the variables in a script.
Dim i, k
i = 5
For k=0 to 1
  Msgbox(i+k)
Next
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,924 Views)

Hello Russell;

I have just tested in DIAdem 2015 32bit and the problem did not ocurred. Just like you instructed I placed the breakpoint on line 9, start debugging, when the code stopped I entered the variable k in Watch (0) and the script remained paused. I needed to manually resume the script.

Regards;

Pedro M.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,892 Views)

Thanks for checking, but it's strange, I just tried it again, and it still does it on my machine.  This is the version I'm using in diadem:

Diadem: 14.0.0f5641 (32-bit)  (my Windows 7 OS is 64-bit)

USI:       14.0.0f5640

DataFinder 14.0.0f5640

Script engine v: 5.5.0.5207

Debbuger v: 6.0.0.8424

Any other suggestions? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,889 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RussellSenior

Hi Russell;

I just tried it on a test machine with DIAdem 2014 SP1 and saw the same behavior as you. I could not find any way to bypass the issue other than to add the variables before start debugging or to update the software to DIAdem 2015 in which the issue was fixed.

Regards,

Pedro M.

Message 4 of 5
(3,883 Views)

Thank you!  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,880 Views)