DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG REPORT - Cannot find specified text. when running a script by pressing SHIFT+F3

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

i would like to report a small bug. In script panel i mapped scripts on the quick run buttons in the left bar, so when i press a SHIFT key and F1-F12, it triggers a script. But when i run a script by pressing SHIFT + F3, after finishing the script, it opens a dialog for search. If i map a script on first position, i would expect opening a help (F1), after finishing of the script, but nope, nothings happen. so i think its a bug.

I attached an image to show u how my script ends after running it by pressing SHIFT + F3.

i spent some time searching for the warning in my code after i found out this behaviour, hope it will save time of other people

error.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,550 Views)

Dear Mr. Doubek,

I tried to replicate described behavour with the following dummy script:

Option Explicit

MsgBox("Dummy message triggered from the script")

And it executes correctly without throwing "cannot find ..." dialog. Could you try to replicate it on your machine with some trivial script asigned for Shift-F3 key shortcut? Feel free to write or call me on the local Tech Support.

Best Regards,

Ondřej K.

NIEE AE

CLA, CTA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,460 Views)

Hello,

i tried it and it ended without throwing dialog. i included some file as well as in my script i include lot of files, and still no dialog, so i guess it reacts on some special code in my scripts.

Message 3 of 12
(6,429 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas.Doubek

Mr. Doubek,

that was my first assumption... Anyway, please mark this thread as resolved.

Best Regards,

Ondřej K.

NIEE AE

CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 4 of 12
(6,424 Views)

I found out the strange behaviour. When u tried it on script with dummy message and nothing happen after script finished, i wrote it worked same as for you. Its ok when u got fresh instance of Diadem.

But before launching the script, try to search for something and close the dialog and then press SHIFT+F3, then you will get the dialog i am talking about.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,371 Views)

Hello,

I think I finally understand why it is happening. It only happens when you use "Ctrl + F3" key shortcut in the DIAdem script editor when nothing is selected. This shortcut runs sort of quick search inside the active script and searches for the string that is actually selected. So for example if you will have the following script:

dog cat dog cat dog cat dog cat dog cat dog cat dog cat dog cat dog cat dog cat

And you will select "dog" + push the "Ctrl + F3" key shortcut your text selection will be jumping from one dog to another 🙂

On the other hand if nothing will be selected you'll get notification that null (empty expression) was not found.

I wouldn't consider it as a bug. What do you think?

Best Regards,

Ondřej K.

NIEE AE

CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 6 of 12
(6,366 Views)

I would not consider it as a feautre neither 🙂

i tried ur scenerio, and when selecting the string dog and serach for it and then run SHIFT+F3, after running the script, it jumpes to different search occurence. when i search someting that doesnt exists in the code, it triggers dialog.

i think its bug, cause your program should catch the shortcut SHIF+F3 which is assigned to trigger my personal script, and after that, it triggers classic search command. it should trigger nothing, so that why i call it bug

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,335 Views)

Dear Lukas.Doubek,

I cannot reproduce this behavior in DIAdem 15.0.0f6005 (32-bit). Can you please tell us the exact version of DIAdem that you are using (in Help > About...)? What OS you are using (version, service pack, 32b/64b, is it localized? what regional settigns you use?)? 

Thanks for the additional info!

B/R

Jozef Lipták
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,326 Views)

diadem no localisation

win7 SP1 64bit localisation czech republic, hope it helps you

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,317 Views)