DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any chance for an interaction during a running auto sequence (.aut) ?

How can I make any kind of interaction during a running auto sequence ? Every dialog- or message box stops the auto sequence until the box is closed (modal dialog).
There is one exception: the non modal message box. But when the message box is closed, the variable "MSGState" is always "IDCancel", independent from the used button or use of the MsgBoxCancel -function or time out.

Any chance for an interaction during a running auto sequence (.aut) ?
(I'd like to show a message box like "Measurement is running... [Cancel]")

P.S. I don't like to start with VBS because this is a "standard" by Microsoft and I think in one or two years Microsoft has changed it's "standard" in this way that my scripts
are not running.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,859 Views)
One way around this problem would be to use the command

msglinedisp('message');

This outputs a message to the status bar at the bottom left of the screen. Running of the autosequence is unaffected.

To avoid the message being overwritten by comments from diadem whilst the autosequence is running, messages can be suppressed by including (in the autosequence code) the line

autoecho:=0;

Sounds etc. can also be added eg 'message @beep@'
would give a windows exclamation as well as displaying 'message' in the status line.

See the diadem help under msglinedisp for further use etc.

cheers

andy p.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,858 Views)
Thanks for your answer but this it not my question.
My problem is not "How to make a output during a running autosequenz", but "How to recognize a users input during a running autosequenz".
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,859 Views)