DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding channel label info using Diadem Write to File function

I'm using the Diadem toolkit as an extension to labView. What I'm doing is getting multiple waveforms from and O-Scope and saving them using the Diadem Write to File function. This works fine. What I need to do is attach a different channel label to each waveform.(1 waveform per channel)I tried putting this into an array but it didn't work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,321 Views)
Hi luwlabview,

I just answered your support email, so this will be a repeat for you, but for the benefit of any others out there with a similar problem, here's the answer. You specify the channel information (name, unit, comment) in an array of clusters named "Channel Info". That "Channel Info" input completely describes all of the channels in the DIAdem file. The "DIAdem File Write.VI" expects that you will pass it a waveform array or 2D array of data with the same number of channels as described in the "Channel Info". So you should accumulate all the channels described in "Channel Info" and send them in one input to "DIAdem File Write.VI".

If you want to create separate DIAdem files for each channel or for groups of channels, then you can call "DIAdem
File Write.VI" multiple times, but for each time only include in "Channel Info" those channels that you are actually passing to that particular "DIAdem File Write.VI".

Regards,
Brad Turpin
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,323 Views)
Hi

I have an existing program that is calling for "DIAdem File Write.vi" but I am unable to locate this VI.  The computer that this program ran on died and I am trying to rebuild it.

So if any one knows were I can download the above VI, I would appriciate any help you can give me.

Thanks
Tom
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,111 Views)
Hey Tom,

All you should need is the DIAdem connectivity VIs.  You can find them here.
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,090 Views)