DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Channel data in blocks through Data Plugin.

Hi,

I have to create a plugin for a binary data file. I have no probelm creating the plugin, as I know all the required formats but now the issue is I am supposed to load channel values of a specific region of interset. For example, If data file has values of data for the time 0 to 13sec, then I am ssupposed to read in channel with data only between 5 to 9 secs. Can anyone please let me know how can I go about for selective data loading through plugin?

Thanks,
Priya
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,109 Views)

Hi Priya,

This is not a built-in feature in DIAdem, although R&D is looking into the feasibility of adding this as a feature at some point.  In the meantime I developed my own back-door way of getting the job done.  You can pass the reducing information in a text file of the same name (but different extension) as the binary file, then the DataPlugin can read the data reduction information and declare the binary block to start at the correct byte position, skip the correct number of values, and end at the correct last value for the desired interval.  Below is a simple example of a DataPlugin outfitted with the "Red" routines.

Let me know if you have further questions,
Brad Turpin
DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,101 Views)