DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating Pan Mode (aka move) in 2D Curve for view

Solved!
Go to solution

What is the property or method for enabling pan mode (aka move, aka "the hand") in a 2D axis display object in the view panel?

So, View.ActiveSheet.ActiveArea.DisplayObject.*Something here?*

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,580 Views)

I am not able to find this either. I suspect it does not exist.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,520 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RussellSenior

Please try this command:

view.ActiveSheet.ActiveArea.DisplayObj.ZoomCursor = "MoveZoomCursor"

Greetings

Walter

Message 3 of 8
(3,502 Views)

Setting the zoomcursor property to "MoveZoomCursor" doesn't seem to do anything. Setting it to "StandardCursor" will turn off the pan mode, but nothing seems to turn it on. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,449 Views)

If I have a curve in a 2D axis system in VIEW and have run the script command above, then I’m able to move the curve while holding the right mouse key pushed and moving the mouse.

This works fine in DIAdem 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017 – even if you have a zoomed part of the curve or the whole curve displayed.

2017-07-11 07 17 32.png

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,444 Views)

Must be my implementation.  How are you setting the command?  Are you clicking the script panel, running a script, then going back to view?  or is the script attached to one of the script hot keys (Shift - F1, etc)?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,421 Views)

I thought you were looking for the script code to enable the “pan mode”. Anyway, to activate the “pan mode” you have these options:

• Click with the left mouse key on the “hand” icon.
  • Hold the SHIFT key pressed and use the mouse wheel (since DIAdem 2017).
  • Use the script code above in your application before activating the “interaction” mode in your script.
  • Create a script with the code above and define this as setting for the SHIFT-Fx keys (Hotkey)

Greetings

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,417 Views)

Sorry, I think it's a misunderstanding.  I was simply asking how you had implemented it.

However, I just now set the property in a blank script, and it works as expected. It still doesn't work from my dialog box, so it must be something else going on.  

But in any case, I now know the problem is with my code, so time to put my debugging hat on. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,407 Views)