DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Violation error with Diadem 2011

Hi Jcheese,

I'm not convinced by your description that you're actually running into the same bug.  Would you please submit data files and a REPORT file so that we can reproduce your error and see if the efforts on the initial bug reported will address what you're running into?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,486 Views)

here are the files I am using.

I have had my hard drive fail and have replaced it but still have the same error message.  Maybe it is something in my script file. So here is all the information I am using including the .CSV file for the report script.

thx - James

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,485 Views)

Hi Jcheese,

I was able to run your script and export a PDF file successfully in both DIAdem 2010 and DIAdem 2011.  Have you tried this on multiple computers?

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(1,471 Views)

yes - i have tried on a couple and they do not have a problem either.  Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,467 Views)

Hi James,

The fact that I can run your script successfully and you can run it successfully on other computers indicates that the problem is not in your script.  Since the offending action is in the PDF printing process, then I'd suggest we start looking there.  You could try removing the DIAdem PDF printer driver from the Windows "Printers" list-- the next time you launch DIAdem the PDF printer will be registered again.  Perhaps that will help.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,460 Views)

Hi Brad

I have the same problem and I've just noticed that is because of the fill property of one of the bars. I put a TDM and TDR which shows that 

Error1.JPG 

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,414 Views)

Hi dslemusp,

I tried to reproduce the access violation error, but was unsuccessful. I was able to open the files you attached without any errors. What version of DIAdem are you using and on what operating system?

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,382 Views)

Hi Rohama

The Version is 2011. In order to reproduce the error you have to change the fill property to "filled".

Anyway the bug is solved in the 2012 version

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,363 Views)

Hi dslemusp,

I still can't seem to reproduce the error. In DIAdem, I loaded the data into the data portal, opened the report, changed the filling curve parameter for Bar to Filled, clicked OK and can see the change on the report. Glad to hear you aren't having this problem in DIAdem 2012 though.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,349 Views)