From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6211 DDC_StorageCouldNotBeOpened The storage could not be opened

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using TDM C DLL (nilibddc.dll and nilibddc_m.h) provided bi NI to read TDMS file from Matlab. I have been able to read simple files, with short properties (headers), one channel group and up to 360 channels (2100 long each). Lately, the data files have changed, especially some variables like encoders and time stamps have been added in the channels properties. Since then I can't even open the files. I got the error: '-6211 DDC_StorageCouldNotBeOpened The storage could not be opened' from the DIAdem Connectivity Library. I also got the following message in the log file: 'TDS Exception in Initialize: Tds Error: TdsErrDataTypeMismatch(-2515)'.

Any idea where the problem comes from?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(5,718 Views)

Actually I would assume there is a problem with the file itself.

Would it be possible to post one of the files?

Andreas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(5,709 Views)

I just experienced the same issue and figured the solution.

You will need to use DIAdem to open the file, don't do anything, just save it. Then run the matlab code, this works for me.

However, I don't understand what happened while I saved the file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(5,696 Views)

Hi Andreas, Please find attached two of the files. The first one (20150904) is a previous version (simpler) that I was able to open and read and the second one (20150913) is the one I mentioned above (I couldn't open).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(5,689 Views)

Tank you for posting the files. Actually I am not capable to see the error at my place.

The error you describe is one that occures on opening the file.

I used the current ddc lib including

tdms_ebd.dll with version 2.0.1287.649

could you please make sure this is also included in your package.

Which operating system and ddc bitness do you use?

I have attached example c code including the resulting exe that I used to check.

Put the exe in the folder that also contains tdms_ebd.dll and the others and drop

your file on the exe with mouse. In my case it dumps the content of the file.

P.S.: If the file is loaded and saved by DIAdem a lot of things will happen including defragmentation. DIAdem will always write a new version of your file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(5,681 Views)

Thank you Andreas,

I am on Windows 7 64-bit using Matlab R2015a 64-bit.

I have tdms_ebd.dll with version 2.0.1287.649 in my package.

I am not the one using DIAdem to create the files. I don't have DIAdem on my computer. I can't try changing parameters...

Sorry, I couldn't find any exe in your zip file.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(5,678 Views)

Thank you for sharing the information.

I checked with the 64bit version of the ddc lib and was ablte to reproduce your issue.

The 32bit version would work properly. Iam checking why this shows up.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(5,671 Views)

I can't use the 32-bit ddc lib on a 64-bit windows, can I?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(5,669 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author FrankyJ

You can use it on win64 but you need to switch to 32bit Matlab to use the 32bit ddc version.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(5,664 Views)

I don't have matlab version 32bit. Are you still looking for an explanation about the 64bit issue? That's my only solution, I am afraid.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(5,662 Views)