DIAdem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Axis Scaling Bug in Reports (DIAdem 2014)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I've run across a rarther annoying bug in the 2D axis scaling for Reports.  Here's how to recreate it:

1. Load a dataset that has x and y components.
  2. Create a new layout in the Report tab
  3. On Sheet1, add a Simple 2D Axis System.
  4. Select x and y from the dataset and drag it into the 2D axis system.
  5. Change the scaling mode from "Completely Automatic" to "Manual."
  6. Change the "Begin" number to something close to the default DIAdem has set.  Do not touch the "End" number.  Click OK.
  7. Add Sheet2 and repeat steps #3 thru #6 on Sheet2 with a different dataset.
  8. Both plots look good right now...
  9. Go to Sheet2 and double click on the chart to bring up the Curve and Axis Definition.
  10. Don't touch anything...just click "Cancel."

After clicking Cancel, the scaling of the 2D axis completely changes.  I believe what happens is that DIAdem takes whatever the previous "End" number was and uses that instead of the "End" number you want.  Also, you don't actually have to go into the Curve and Axis Definition to create this bug.  Press cancel while editing anything like text (for example)...bye bye plot.

Moreover, if I go back in and set the scaling mode back to Auto, click preview to refresh the plot, then switch the mode to Manual, everything looks good.  However, if I copy Sheet2, the plot on Sheet2_Copy1 is messed up the same way as if I hit Cancel but Sheet2 is OK.

Worst of all, the undo function does not work on this unwanted scaling change.

This is a bug that makes plots in the Report files almost unusable.  I hope this is re-producable on other systems so a patch can be issued.  Let me know what you find.

The only workaround I've found is to click OK instead of Cancel, which isn't always preferred.

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,507 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jrasco

Hello jrasco,

You are right. This is a bug in DIAdem 2014. We fixed it for the DIAdem service pack.

This is the link to the English DIAdem 2014 SP1

Thank you

Walter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,500 Views)

Walter,

Thanks for this.  I had run the NI Update Service from DIAdem 2014 specifically looking for a service pack update and it didn't show anything for the 2014 edition.  I'll have to chase down why it was doing that later.

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,481 Views)