DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrt501

Warning and Errorhandling in Dataplugins

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

Hi,

I´d like to know how many people would like to see structured error and warning handling in dataplugins.

Just having the ErrorRaise method doesn´t suit my needs of get some detailed informations when just a warning would be sufficient.

How about having a RaiseWarning method?

and

a kind of UI to query the datafinder of files and paths where warnings and erros occur

br,

thomas

3 Comments
StefanR
NI Employee (retired)

The second part of the request is already available by applying a query with the condition

oMyConditions.Add(eSearchFile,"indexStatus","=","eIndexedFailure")

either via script or UI will report back all DataPlugins producing an error.

All possible values for "indexStatus" are

"eIndexedFailure", "eIndexedNotMyFile", "eIndexedSuccess", "eIndexedTimeout"

The "indexStatus" as well as the according error text is also displayed in the property list of te NAVIGATOR.

mrt501

good to know - Stefan

thank you!

btw: in my dataplugins I created a group-property "mxImportWarnings" which is used to be fed with warning messages... this should be replaced with "standard" way...

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter