cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
steve999

Visualizing erosion and/or growth of 3D models

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

Greetings NI Wizards,

My compliments on a very fine software package, which I admittedly have only begun to explore via your trial period.  I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I only recently discovered it though we've been trying for more than a year to figure out how we could attach large amounts of sensor data onto our CAD models (the only real way to look at it).  This seemed to be the obvious future of data (experimental) visualization.  Shame on me for not looking beyond my familiar neighborhood of NI hardware and LabVIEW.

Wonderful as this tool is, might it be possible to jigger the solid model rendering so that the user-defined color palette in "surfaces/color surfaces" resulted in true transparency when one chooses "no color"?  Right now it seems to just leave a grey part behind.  This would allow one to have parts of the solid model disappear over time. We're doing erosion experiments, and once a part of the model reaches a certain temperature, it dissolves.  This would be a fantastic way to visualize the data as we could watch both temperature changes and erosion of the model.  Others might have parts appear in time, making the model appear to grow.  There could be lots of animation possibilities as things blink in and out.

Cheers,

Steve

1 Comment
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter