Did you mean: 
Pete.Dunc

Synchronise Video with Offset Data

Hi Pete, please do the following steps to solve your use case:

(1) Video-Display dialog: Set Start time to a negative value, e. g. -10

(2) Please select the video area to set the focus onto it

(3) Click the "Go to start" button in the VIEW command bar

(4) Start with "Play" button

Please be aware that to set the focus to the video area is important for this use case. Otherwise you must zoom/move the 2D-Curve in a synchronized 2D Axis System to the right side to set the cursor to negative X-values so that the video can start before the data-synchronisation begins.

It is very easy to delay the start of a video in order to offset the beginning of a video to a data set.  However it is more difficult to offset data in order to synchronise with another section of a video.

For instance - you may have a 12 second video with 6 seconds worth of data.  If this data relates to 6-12 s of the video, you need to change the x-axis of the 2D-axis area to mirror 6-12 s.

I would propose a "Video Offset" property.  This suggestion is similar to Time Shift Data Feature.

SychVideo.png

Regards,

Peter D

3 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Pete,

I'm excited to eventually see an X-axis-shifting function for data curves in DIAdem, but for this particular scenario, why couldn't you set the start time of the video to -6s or whatever, to align it with the (unshifted) start of the data curve?

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Pete.Dunc
Active Participant

Hi Brad,

This was actually some feedback from a customer while I worked for NI.  Have a look though my old DIAdem SR's and you will find it - we tried a variety of techniques and weren't able to achieve this easily.

Regards,

Peter D

dietfons
Status changed to: Already Implemented

Hi Pete, please do the following steps to solve your use case:

(1) Video-Display dialog: Set Start time to a negative value, e. g. -10

(2) Please select the video area to set the focus onto it

(3) Click the "Go to start" button in the VIEW command bar

(4) Start with "Play" button

Please be aware that to set the focus to the video area is important for this use case. Otherwise you must zoom/move the 2D-Curve in a synchronized 2D Axis System to the right side to set the cursor to negative X-values so that the video can start before the data-synchronisation begins.