DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtagg

Split-screen in DIAdem SCRIPT

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions. But because of the huge numbers of possible DIAdem extensions, we gave this request a lower priority.

Greetings

Walter

When working in DIAdem SCRIPT, it is often necessary to work on more than one file at once. The way this is implemented at the moment is with tabs:

script before.png

However, it can be quite tedious to switch back and forth between 2 scripts for things like copy/pasting, comparing code or simply editing code on 2 files concurrently.

My suggestion would be for a SCRIPT editor with split screen functionality, roughly like this:

script after.png

With many users working with widescreens today, this would better make use of screen real-estate.

7 Comments
louval
Obviously coding without it is a pain. Louval
dietfons

Newton2k1

Hi jtagg82,

My personal opinion is, that your idea is excellent. However, there is already some text editors which are able to do what you requested. You may just use one of those with split screen functionality to try-out how you would profit from this function.

We use for another application the program UltraEdit, which allows also to connect with a help file. UE with all of its features costs some tens of bucks but Notepad++ might do as well what you want.

A collegue of mine uses NP++ for DIAdem programming and can collapse sections, by means of NP++'s language detection.

Lukas.Doubek

I vote this feature, as well with possibility of moving tabs of opened scripts.

RavensFan
Knight of NI

If you want to vote for this feature, then be sure to click the Kudo button to the upper left.  Just saying "I vote" is not the same as actually voting for it.

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: New

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions. But because of the huge numbers of possible DIAdem extensions, we gave this request a lower priority.

Greetings

Walter

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Greetings

Walter