DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshRew

Script Interface Conveniences

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

I've been spoiled by using other scripting environments lately, and thought I'd suggest a few features that I feel would make scripting in DIAdem a little more convenient:

• Check for un-dimmed variables when Option Explicit is turned on
  • Check for unused dimmed variables (very helpful for cleanup)
  • Check for variables that are used, but never initialized to a value

I feel these would be really useful for identifying and fixing bugs (especially for inexperienced script writers) and cleaning up old scripts, while not requiring major changes to the interface (although they could get really annoying if implemented incorrectly, may be difficult to implement in the back end, and may even require manual compilation to detect?).

Thanks!

-Josh

2 Comments
dietfons

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter