DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcoBuettner

Save Data in Navigator as *.tdms

This request was implemented in DIAdem 2019.

Greetings

Walter

Diadem should use the tdms-format as default for saving

6 Comments
JoshRew

I would be more in favor of adding a "Saving Behavior" tab to the Navigator Settings to allow the user to specify the default save format.  This would allow those that exclusively use TDM to remain unchanged and those that wish to switch to another format (TDMS, ATFX, DAT, etc.) to do so as well.

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

steveh01

I second the motion - TDMS is a much more compatible solution these days.  I am trying to find a way to stream to it from DIAdem, and that is not even an option unless I go through the Data Portal, and then save as a TDMS file.  Then I have to write a custom script to automate it.  ...  Much easier if DIAdem just did it all automatically.

steveh01

Along with making the capability to stream to a TDMS file, it would be great if there was an option to store values as 32-bit and even 16-bit numbers rather than the default 64-bit numbers (on 64-bit systems).  Often when data is acquired, it only has 12-bit or 16-bit numbers.  Right now when these values are stored, the data size and write time are doubled or quadrupled because the file type does not allow storage in 16-bit or 32-bit format.  The option to keep things as small as possible would be very valuable.

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: In Beta

Please have look at the DIAdem 2019 Beta to check the implementation regarding this request.

To participate at the DIAdem Beta Program, please register yourself at ni.com/beta

Greetings

Walter

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed

This request was implemented in DIAdem 2019.

Greetings

Walter