From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Gran

Polar plots with both negative and positive sector angles

This request was implemented in DIAdem 2019.

Greetings

Walter

I generate a very large number of polar plots which are beam patterns for sonar devices. I'm sure that radar folks do the same for their antennae. The standard in the industry for directivity patterns has long been to label the plots with negative angles to the left of boresite and positive numbers to the right. I am constantly asked to label my plots this way, and I have to keep making excuses because DIAdem does not allow this.

This is what I need:

Polar 0-360.JPG

5 Comments
dietfons

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

Greg_Gran

That's good to hear. I had pretty much given up on it being considered - it's been almost 6 years.

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: In Beta

Please have look at the DIAdem 2019 Beta to check the implementation regarding this request.

To participate at the DIAdem Beta Program, please register yourself at ni.com/beta

Greetings

Walter

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed

This request was implemented in DIAdem 2019.

Greetings

Walter