DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A.Sasaki

Partial Search in Quick Search of Data Finder

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

I know I can search data files with partial search in Advanced Search in DIAdem Data Finder. It would be nice if I can use partial matching in Quick Search. How do you think?

For example, if you have a file like "120627_0106_testdata.bin". You can only find this data in Advanced Search with a query of "*testdata*". You may want to search it with a query of "testdata" in Quick Search.

I would like to hear others' opinions.

Regards,

A. Sasaki

2 Comments
AndreasH_Ha
NI Employee (retired)

What you ask for would require that DataFinder treats "testdata" like "*testdata*"

If we would allow this type of query, it would slow down the search severely. The "*" at the beginning of the term would make the internal index useless and would require to check all terms of the internal index one by one.

Given that, we decided early on that we would not want the query to slow down to cover the use case you described.

Your use case makes sense, but gain, we decided to not support it to achieve MUCH better performance for the other use cases.

DataFinder even ignores a "*" at the beginning of a term to avoid long query times.

Andreas

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter