DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CReese

Multiple X-Axes

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

It would be nice to have a linked X-Axis with different values as a part of the same Report plot.

For example, If I wanted to plot the same data set against T and 1/T.

Even if two sets of X-Axes were allowed, at least I could create two data series, put them each on a different axis, and set the bounds to match correctly. 

4 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi CReese,

I would love to see multiple X axes as well.  The VBScript functions in DIAdem to programmatically manipulate X and Y axes already treat the X axis as an array of X axes, just like it does the Y axes.  I'm not sure how hard it would be to add this feature, but it would indeed round out the 2D graphing options nicely.  I'd be surprised if this happened any time soon, though, because the request comes up very rarely.  Hopefully lots of customers will kudo this idea and give it the weight it needs for R&D to tackle it.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

dietfons

KUK

I need this fuctionality as well. In Excel you can already have two X-axes which are independent from each other for independent curves on the same graph. If you plot the same data against the second x-axis and scale correctly, so that the two curves overlap exactly, then it looks like you have two x-axes describing the same data. An example where this is useful is if you want to plot height against weight, with two x-axes, one in in kg the other in lbs.

Or see my example below:

Clipboard01.jpg

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter