From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SvenB

Make automatic scaling of 2nd y-axis more predictable

Hello SvenB,

At least since DIAdem 2012 is this function supported. You find it in the axis configuration in tab “Axis system”.

Greetings

Walter

Hi,

I quite often use a 2nd y-axis in a 2D-diagram. In order to improve the visibility I like to use the same grid for the first and second axis but different scaling. The 2nd y-axis is set to automatic scaling because of changing data ranges. Unfortunately the scaling range used for the second y-axis is completely unpredictable. Therefore the scale is way to big and the setting has to be corrected manually. This is very annoying, because the automatic choice is often not very logical and this behavior is not documented at all.

regards

SvenB

2 Comments
Stagsden

SvenB,

I have a similar issue with trying to use Automatic scaling for 3 axes on a graph. I have resolved it by using mannual every time I create a report, but it is not ideal.

Regards

Jim Stagsden

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed

Hello SvenB,

At least since DIAdem 2012 is this function supported. You find it in the axis configuration in tab “Axis system”.

Greetings

Walter