cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Lukas.Doubek

MME data plugins & Additional descriptors

Please refer to the commend of StefanR

In specification for MME files is defined that "Additional descriptors" are written with "." dot as first character of descriptors.

In Diadem the properties of channel cant begin with ".", so diadem replaces it with "_", but Diadem MME data plugin loads MME files without these properties.

Could you please implement it that it will load these descriptors as well?

------

Now when i export data by MME export plugin, its doesnt collect and save Additional descriptors and after calling the function 'DataFileSave("", "MMEExport")' i must manually open each file created, parse it and add Additional descriptors by checking each line of the file. I got problem there when i got files with lot of values, because using functions "TextfileWriteLn" or methods of Scripting.FileSystemObject takes really long time.

If the data plugin export all descriptors, it would solve the problem im facing.

For example channel with 500.000 values takes minutes to "recreate" the file with just few new lines added.

2 Comments
StefanR
NI Employee (retired)

Hi Lukas,

many thanks for sharing your feedback!

Even though we don't have the "complete" solution available out-of-the-box, I would like to offer to work with you on an intermediate solution to mitigate the issue.

In case the MME DataPlugin does not load the requested properties at all, it would be great if you could share some example files containing those properties, such that we can extend the DataPlugin accordingly.

Please send those example files to: dataplugins@ni.com.

Regarding exporting of MME files, DIAdem uses a script to write MME files to disk: MMEExport.vbs. When calling the function 'DataFileSave("", "MMEExport")' the MMEExport script is called to handle the writing process.

You can find that script in your "Addinfo" folder and can extend it to handle your use-case. On my maschine it is located here: "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\DIAdem 2015\Addinfo".

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed

Please refer to the commend of StefanR