cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
ledz

Inset Plots in NI DIAdem REPORT

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given that that just a few sponsors are supporting your entry and nearly no other customer asked this extension direct to us, we have decided to decline this suggestion. Nevertheless, we keep it in ore list of possible extensions however with a low priority and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this.

Greetings

Walter

Hi all,

Inset plots, i.e. a new axis system displaying e.g. a subset of another, parent axis system, are currently possible to create, but it is a bit of a roundabout, ham-fisted way, especially if I want to highlight and indicate the subset in the context of the parent axis system. Currently, this is possible by creating a second axis system and adjusting that system's axes beginnings and ends, then creating a rectangle over the parent axis system and manually adjusting that rectangle's width and height to match the inset plot's limits. It would be great if such a feature could be added to easily highlight or further elucidate graph data.

The possible extents this could go to, as I see them, are:

1. Subset plot, showing part of the parent graph
  2. Superset plot, showing the entirety of the other graph, when the original/parent graph is showing only a subset of the data
  3. Alternative views or information (such as a FFT of the parent data channels, or any other data; obivously the calculation would have to be separate).

Thanks for reading this far!

Leo Zschokke
Test Engineer C-EPS
ThyssenKrupp Presta AG
1 Comment
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given that that just a few sponsors are supporting your entry and nearly no other customer asked this extension direct to us, we have decided to decline this suggestion. Nevertheless, we keep it in ore list of possible extensions however with a low priority and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this.

Greetings

Walter