From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
TCPlomp

Export Search results to a CSV/Excel table

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

I would like to export the table from the Navigator search pane into Excel or a CSV file so we can use that in a report (Word) as an overview of performed measurements.

We can quite good configure that table so let's make use of that.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
4 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Ton,

In the meantime, how about you highlight all the columns you want in the Search Results table, drag them into an empty Data Portal, then select the menu "File>>Save as" and choose to the "Save as type:" to be "CSV File" or "Textfile - Auto  detect (*.csv)".  Note that in DIAdem 2010 you can save the column configuration along with the *.TDQ query file and load it back in.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

Brad,

that is not going to work.

I tried that, but it's loading all the data into the dataportal.

What I wanted was an overview of all the measuremente performed as a table. I'm not interested in the measurement data itself.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Ton,

That's because you dragged the ROWS of the table.  Drag instead from one of the selected COLUMNS and you will see what you want in the Data Portal, ready to export.  Alternatively, you can right-click on one of the column headings and select the menu "Load Property As Channel", which will result in the same channels containing the column values, NOT the raw data arrays implicit behind each row.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter