DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steveADI

Do not re-draw plots when a new set of data is added

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

I'm new to Diadem so this may be an option that I've not discovered yet...

I have very large data files which take a couple of seconds to display on a chart.  Annoyingly if I want to add an extra plot to an existing graph Diadem re-draws all the graphs, not just the new data.  I have my own LabVIEW code which only plots new data whilst leaving old plots on the graph and it really speeds up the process - can you do something similar with Diadem?

2 Comments
MarcusP

Hi steveADI,

As long as you don't change the data in the DataPortal or rearrange the plots on the REPORT page it might help turning off "Always fully update worksheet" under Settings / Options / REPORT...

Good Luck,

MarcusP

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter