DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim West

Diadem script engine

Hi Jim,

With the shift towards server side processing, this request is unlikely to ever occur with DIAdem the desktop software.  NI's Analysis Server is able to respond to REST api calls from custom user interfaces and run analysis and create reports on the server, close to the data.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

Create a version of Diadem that has no user interface. This version would merely run scripts for use in delivered custom solutions.

4 Comments
AndreasH_Ha
NI Employee (retired)

How would you describe the main differences to what we have today ? Is it just the user interface being invisible ? Could you please provide an example what is "wrong" with what you can do today.

Jim West

Currently, I develop our software with the professional edition then we bundle a base edition with the delivery. I was looking for ways to reduce the cost of the Diadem component to our product. At this point the customer is free to use the software while our software is using an instance. I don't have an understanding of the Diadem pricing model but I am looking for a way to reduce costs. I am looking for a way to deliver a Diadem "executable” The best way to think about it is to create something similar to
the Labview runtime engine.

AndreasH_Ha
NI Employee (retired)

OK, I see. So the question is less a technical one, but more a request for a lower entry price for a version of DIAdem which has the same functionality like the "Base" version.

This is definitely more a sales/marketing type question. I will make sure they are aware of this discussion.

Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast
Status changed to: Declined

Hi Jim,

With the shift towards server side processing, this request is unlikely to ever occur with DIAdem the desktop software.  NI's Analysis Server is able to respond to REST api calls from custom user interfaces and run analysis and create reports on the server, close to the data.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments