DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuliaDawkins

Allow context menu for Data Portal to be available programatically

Hi Julia,

The icon bar of the Data Portal became customizable with DIAdem 2017, and the context menu became customizable with DIAdem 2018.  Thanks for the great suggestion.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

I would like this for custom pinning functions specific to our needs (like pin all channels of same name) and for the calculation manager (if a calculation's equation is defined as a channel property, re-calculate it or bring up the calculation manager, etc.)

2 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Julia,

I heartily agree.  When you suggested this earlier this year, I added this to my personal wish list and R&D added it to their official wish list.  I don't think anyone's had a chance to look into this yet to scope the effort more exactly.  R&D has been musing about extending the BarManager object to control custom menus as well as custom icons, and this particular menu request might end up waiting until we do that.  Or maybe we can squeeze it out earlier with minimal effort.  Know that this is on R&D's radar and they like the idea.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast
Status changed to: Completed

Hi Julia,

The icon bar of the Data Portal became customizable with DIAdem 2017, and the context menu became customizable with DIAdem 2018.  Thanks for the great suggestion.

Brad Turpin

National Instruments