DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCPlomp

Add GPS-map to Report

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

Currently we can create maps based on OpenStreetmap data in the VIEW pane.

For the report pane we cannot do this.

My current workaround is to generate a PNG from OpenStreetMap.org at specific lat-lon coordinates, and place that in report.

This lacks the option to adjust the scales on a region, because then I need to generate a new PNG for that region.

One of the implementations should be that for a rd-curve the background of the XY-pane is an OSM system.

Ton 

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
3 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Ton,

If you use the "Transfer to REPORT" icon in the VIEW panel, you will get an image of the GPS map in REPORT that does resize nicely.

The problem with a real GPS map in REPORT is that there is no time synchronization mechanism in REPORT to move the GPS cursor backwards and forwards.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

I'm not really concerned about the GPS cursor.

In my use case I look at 3D data, the axis being: 'Latitude, Longitude and measured_value', so I would like to use a 3D-line plot with the GPS map as a background image (which automatically re-scales the latitude and longitude).

By using the 'Transfer to VIEW' functionality I get a static PNG with the ugly cursors, just the GPS-track in a color, fake zoom-in-out buttons etc.

It might suffice if we could add an image as the background of a 3d-plot, and tell diadem what the coordinates of the image are. 

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter