DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
e.ono

3D axis diplay on VIEW

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

Hello.

I have a customer who would like to use 3D Axis systems on VIEW section.

This function is for Report section.

As you can see below.DIAdem_Report.png

He would like to realize this function on VIEW section as well.

I wish this function would be made for VIEW section as well.

Eisuke Ono

NIJ AE.

6 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi Eisuke Ono,

There is the VIEW are type "Contour" which shows a 2D intensity plot of a 3D surface.  If your customer would prefer a different display of the 3D surface, could you please specify what display is most important for your customer?  It's possible that NI could release a partiuclar 3D display type for VIEW (as opposed to all of them at once like in REPORT), and it would be helpful to know which one(s) your customer is most interested in.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

ledz

I think the idea is to be able to rotate the contour plot, the way you can in Report.

I agree with Ono-san, but I would also really like to have the granularity of control available in Report, that is, to scale the Z-axis manually, perhaps even logarithmically, because for a 3D histogram, often the lowest values are not as 'interesting' to our customers.

Leo Zschokke
Test Engineer C-EPS
ThyssenKrupp Presta AG
dietfons

dietfons

sg000

Old topic, but still pertinent I think, unless I'm missing the feature. Specifically, drawing 3D Curve in View would be useful for me I think. There's too much going on with Contour, and the 3D curve with color as the 3rd axis just makes so much sense in the view given the view capabilities to zoom in and out. Report is just tedious when reviewing data.

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter