DATA AHEAD toolkit support Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP7 read DB over offset limit

Hi,

I'm using SP7 in order to read data with "read DB.vi" if I understand right it has a limitation of the offset (f.e. for REAL values it is 445 bytes).

how can I get the data for higher offset values?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,245 Views)

Hello YuriyPodoba,

i checked the "read DB - Real" function according to your problem. The item Offset that we can handle in order to read real values with one request is about 1600 bytes. We will try to implement the higher Item Offsets in the next version of SP7 (not only for REAL values).

To adress the full range we have to change the functionality in the background of the tool a little bit more.

What is your item Offset of your real values you want to read?

Workaraound:

- Generate more DB´s and read from them so the item offset stays below the maximum of SP7.

- Seperate the standard strng variables from datatypes like INT, DINT or REAL. The standard strings are pretty big.

Greetings Hajo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,275 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for respond,

In our task  it is 600 points 30 bytes each so the offset should go to the 18000 bytes.

did you mean read strings and splitt  it to real afterwards?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,275 Views)

Hi,

no i just want to point out that strings need much space in a DB!

I have to say that we can´t support such high offsets. Please seperate the variables in different DB´s to be able to read them with SP7.

We will inform our customers to new Toolkit updates as soon as possible!

So stay tuned!

Greetings,

Hajo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,275 Views)

Hello Mr. Podoba,

to solve your Problem download the recent version of SP7.

You can find the version in the tab "documents".

The new quick reference guide also explains the difference between the Runtime and the developer license.

Greetings,

Hajo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,275 Views)