DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

write module problem

I am looking for a solution for the following problem (DasyLab Basic):

Data should be written to HD only when an event is occuring (feed-back signal from an instrument that the analysis is ready), about every 15 minutes.

How can I manage that DasyLab is writing data only "event-controlled"?

Thank you for a quick feed-back

Rudolf

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,731 Views)

Hello,

Because DASYLab operates on the continuous flow of data model of the world, you need to actively interrupt the flow of data.

First, please review the Help->Tutorial information. There are several Worksheet examples that show you how to use Triggers, and also look at the  Advanced Data Reduction section of the Quickstart part of the tutorial.

There are also some Trigger examples in the ..\Worksheets\Examples folder.

Having said that, it's clear that I want you to use a Trigger module to accomplish your task. 

You want a Trigger module (we like the Combi Trigger) to determine the start and stop of the event. You can use Pre and Post triggers settings to center on the event. The output of this module is a 0 for FALSE or TTL Low and 5 for TRUE or TTL High.

Use the output of the Trigger to control a Relay module. The other inputs of the Relay are your data channels. The Write module is connected to outputs of the Relay. The Relay blocks or releases the data, controlling the data flow to the Write based on the Trigger. 

You can also use a Switch module, a Digital Input, or any other channel that is a TTL type channels (0 or 5) to control the Relay.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 2
(6,708 Views)