From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will dasylab 5.6 work with a ni 9171

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI USB 9171 with a universal module, and an old Dasy Lab 5.6 version, I haven't loaded the software yet. But I was owndering if the Dasylab will work with the Measurement Automation? I've installed the MA and LabView Signal Express, its just too much, and I want to use something more user friendly

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,389 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author triumph

You are asking if 15 year old software will work with a new device from NI? 

Not very likely. 

First, the operating system support is very different - V5.6 was not supported with XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8 (they didn't exist!).

V5.63

• Windows 95
  • Windows 98
  • Windows ME
  • Windows NT
  • Windows 2000

You can updated your DASYLab V5.6 to V13 and get full current operating system support and full NI device support. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
Message 2 of 5
(8,388 Views)

OK, I kind of thought that, I didn't realize it was that old, I'll look into the up date

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,383 Views)

I have a cheat sheet.

2014-11-26_PrintScreen-0002.png

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,379 Views)

Hello CJ

I see you claim retirement so do not know if this will be answered.

Do you have a cheat sheet showing exactly what the file structure would be for use with Dasylab 5.0 or 5.6 and the NI :-

PCMCIA Daqcard -AI-16XE-50 still working after 20years.

Do I use Measurement & Automation or NiDaq V???

Hope you are keeping well

Bob Gartside

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,759 Views)