Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usb-6221 error

Hi

System: Windows XP Pro sp 3

Display 12 Basic Updated to 12.00.01

Board: USB-6221

NADAQmx 9.7.0

I have enablet the NI-DAQmx (no CAN ) driver in the Configurator.

I start Dasylab up and want to place an analog (or other) input / output
I try this I get an error message in the middle of the screen with this text:
"" ""
Driver: Task DA00, Version 12.0

Possible Reason
=> No usable NI-DAQmx tasks avaibel

File: Modul_AD.C lin 618
"" "

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Benny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,924 Views)

Hi Benny,

You need to open the NI Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) to create some tasks for your application.

Unlike LabVIEW, DASYLab needs the task created in MAX prior to opening DASYLab.

The task determines the device, the channels, the channel configuration, optionally scaling and other sensor specific settings, and the measurement sample rate and the samples to read (DASYLab Block Size).

I hope this helps. It does say it in the Help->NI-DAQmx Help.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,922 Views)

Hi CJ

Yes it solved the problem with the analog signals, but at digital IO is not possible to create a task.

I got a errormessage concerning buffert and non-buffert lines.

It seems that USB-6221 is not compatible with Dasylab if you are using Digitale signales.?

Benny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,913 Views)

Hi Benny

Is your problem to create the digital task in NI MAX or do you have problems importing the digital task in DasyLab?

If it is the first it might be due to trying to setup options which this module does not support, could you please send a screenshot of the configuration you try to use?

Br, Anders

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,878 Views)

It should be possible to create a Digital Input or Output task in MAX - if it has a problem with buffered I/O, just use the one sample on demand setting.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,856 Views)