DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turbine and generator vibration analysis

Hi, i am trying to aquire turbine and generator shaft vibration signals from proximity probes and I have speed signal from Keyphaser. I like to do polar plots, bode plots (run up/down tests), see phase angle of vibrations, vibration frequency specturm, can I do all of these using DASYLab? I kind of know DASYLab doesn't have order spectrum/analysis features, am i undestanding correctly?

I do have and use NI sound and vibration suite for some of my vibration anaylsis, but  I can not open NI sound and vibration suite and DASYLab (aquire other signals like pressures) at the same time as both using same NI cDAQ chassis (but different modules and channels), it seems NI cDAQ can only support one software at one time, you can't have two different software to aquire different modules and channels signal if they are all in one NI cDAQ chassis. Am i understanding correctly here?

Can anyone have some suggestions? Thanks for the help.

regards,

Yutao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,627 Views)

I believe that you are correct that only one software package can talk to the device. 

DASYLab does not support Bode plots... you're going to be much more satisfied with the NI Sound and Vibration tools for these tasks. 

Can the NI guys to weigh in on the question of two software packages talking to the same hardware chassis?

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,622 Views)

CJ,

Before you acquire data from any DAQ device in LabVIEW we reserve resources preventing other tasks from using them and interfering with that operation.  Linked below is some more information on the Task State Model which goes through how we control DAQ devices (Reserved state is most relevant to this post).

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466V-01/mxcncpts/taskstatemodel/

I would not expect two different software packages to be able to talk to a single cDAQ device becuase of this.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,604 Views)

Hello,

DIAdem 2014 is your product -> see more under http://www.ni.com/diadem/whatsnew/

Here you can analyze vibrations with new functions.

DIAdem VIEW

DIAdem VIEW offers the new display types Bode, Polar, Orbit, and Shaft Centerline.

DIAdem ANALYSIS

The new channel function Wrap / Unwrap Phase processes jumps in a channel.

The setting Calculate both sides was added to the Cross Correlation function.

The new function AC/DC Coupling removes the bias from a signal.

The Full Spectrum FFT calculates various FFT analyses for vibration sensor signals. Initially the analyses are separate and then the spectra are combined to a complex FFT.

The new function Pulse Detection analyses and corrects tachometer signals.

The new function Order Analysis for Bode Display calculates the amplitude and phase of certain orders for vibration sensor signals.

The Shaft Centerline function calculates the movements of a rotating shaft in the bearing box.

A NI-DAQmx driver is available for DIAdem.

Dipl.-Ing. (Maschinenbau) Mathias Häuser | DASYLab Software-Entwicklung | DIAdem Software-Entwicklung | National Instruments Engineering GmbH & Co. KG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,595 Views)

I like to do polar plots, bode plots (run up/down tests), see phase angle of vibrations, vibration frequency specturm, can I do all of these using DASYLab?

You can do this with DasyLab-13 full version. I have.

Walt

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,197 Views)

The structure of the generator contains both electrical and mechanical parts, which can also be said to be a combination of mechanical and electrical. Therefore, its failure is divided into two analysis. The cause of the generator vibration fault of the generator is also divided into two parts. In general, generator vibration is caused unbalanced, electromagnetic or mechanical failure of the rotating part.Cat Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,372 Views)

If there is a question, please ask it in a new thread, not as a comment on an old thread.

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,369 Views)