From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DASYLab

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time stamp_pc clock

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to ask you if it is possible to add timestamp in every row of data the exact time of PC clock in the form DAY/MONTH/YEAR; HH:MM:SS. The data our sensor sends have not time with them and I would like to add timestamp in every record, e.g. every second for example. It is possible? The only thing I see as capability in DASYLAB is the time interval between the records. This form of time needs further conversion to real date and time. It's not so easy.

Thank you.

Christiana

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,499 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author christianapol

The Write Data module has the ability to use the time (clock time) and date as the time stamp. It will do the conversion for you.

Click on the options button next to the data format selection (ASCII) and select Time from the drop down list. 

Modules that display time, such as the Chart Recorder, display clock time as an option. The Chart Recorder default is clock time. 

Measurement Computing (MCC) has free technical support. Visit www.mccdaq.com and click on the "Support" tab for all support options, including DASYLab.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,484 Views)

Thank you for the help. It works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,467 Views)